DC Comics Batman: Li'l Gotham

This figure is based on the designs of Dustin Nguyen for the characters of the BATMAN: LI'L GOTHAM comic series. The first time I saw the figure I didn't really like it, but when I found it at Forbidden Planet - London the wife got it for me.
My actual figure:


After a quick inspection I really liked  the model, the face is more attractive than I saw in the pictures and the squashed body proportion gives it an attractive and cute look, there is a lot of detail in the head, the folds of the cape, and the texture of the belt which contrast nicely with the sculpt that is very cartoon-like. I get a Sumo wrestler vibe from this figure that feels heavier and sturdier than it looks. It wasn't 'love at first sight', but I'm extremely happy I got this incredible figure (thanks Mini), and maybe at some point, I'll pick up Robin as well.



The paint doesn't resemble the marker look of the comic, probably it would be hard to achieve, but apparently "the bat logo on his chest is meant to have a few grey 'sketch' lines on it", I honestly thought the marks were scratches!!! Another plus is the dark bronze colour in the belt which adds a nice touch to the figure.



The package is hard to open, so even when I tried to preserve it, I couldn't avoid damaging it.



Personally, I was pleased with the amount of articulation on this figure, I really don't pose the figures that much, but is always nice to have some options.
List of articulations:
Swivel neck.
Hinge and swivel shoulders.
Swivel bicep.
Swivel wrist.
T-crotch.

And what really made my day is that Batman comes with one accessory: an alternate right hand with a grapple gun (a Batarang would be even better!!!). The hand is difficult to take off, but the figure looks better with the gun on it, and that's the way I'm going to display it. 



The whole collection, Batman, Robin, The Joker and Harley Quinn (between 2.75" and 4" height): 


Description:
Measures: 4" height.
Manufacturer: DC Collectibles.
Material: Plastic.
Date of Release: 2014.

javiervillegasportfolio

Collecting big on a small budget!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment