McDonald's Looney Tunes Happy Meal: Daffy Duck as Bat-Duck

I finally got this figure of Daffy as Bat-Duck that I have been dying to add to the shelf for literally years!!!

Super Looney Tunes was a McDonald's Happy Meal promotion from 1991, but this figure is from 1993. My guess is that those are the dates the figure was released in the USA and later in the UK. This is an "authorized parody", which makes sense since DC Comics characters and Looney Tunes ones are a property of Warner Bros. Loving both characters it was a shock seeing them combined in one concept.

This is a 25 years old figure, but you can still find lots of them on eBay, it was somehow a difficult decision to open the bag or not, but since I try to free the figures from its boxes and bags I did it at the end, plus the bag didn't make a nice display.

This figure is made of a soft and quite flexible plastic with no articulations at all, it stands well on its own. so it makes a very nice and easy piece for display.


I like the sculpt of the figure, as Daffy, the figure is very well made and very faithful to the cartoon, it doesn't have the most dynamic pose, but it is forgivable since it was a necessity for the costume. As Bat-Duck the sculpt becomes bulkier and a bit less refined (notice the lump in the back where Daffy's tail is) which is a little price to pay when what we get is Bat-Duck. For me the only thing missing is the mask, Daffy should be wearing one, something I think could have been done. 

The painting is fairly good both in the actual figure and the costume, classic grey/blue Bat-suit is the choice here, but the jewel of the crown is the Bat-Duck symbol, such an obvious and yet genius idea.

Here are the front and back of the Happy Meal bag:



The toy has a snap-on system for the plastic costume to help the figure assuming his superhero identity. 



This series includes four characters: Petunia Pig as "Wonder Pig", Daffy as "Bat-Duck", Bugs as "Super Bugs", and the Tasmanian Devil as "Taz-Flash".





The 1991 series also included a soft plastic Batmobile + Bat-Duck for under 3's kids.



These are some other samples of  the  Happy Meal packaging:





Bat-Duck had a one-shot comic story in an issue of Looney Tunes Magazine and all the Super Looney Tunes had a one-shot story where they battled a Lex Luthor/ Elmer Fudd. I'm pretty sure that some of the bags also had a Bat-Duck comic; unfortunately, mine came with just a leaflet.


And these are other examples of comics featuring Bat-Duck, I love that in these ones Daffy is actually wearing a full cowl.



The other character had their own comics in the bags as well.



I really like the whole idea of mashing-up Daffy and Batman, here a couple more designs I found on the Internet.



And finally, I was gladly surprised to find out a TV spot promoting the toys that were made in 1991. I would love to watch this made into a regular series, I'm a big fan of Daffy -love him as Duck Dodgers- and I don't have any doubt it would have been a blast to see him as Bat-Duck.


The 360°:


Description:
Height: 8cm - 3".
Manufacturer: McDonald's.
Material: Plastic.
Date of release: 1993.

Follow me on Instagram:


In ,.



thebatmanshelf

Collecting big on a small budget!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment